Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp (Psalm 143:9)
At Central, we encourage you to participate as you feel comfortable or to sit back and enjoy the beauty of the music and the surroundings when you don’t feel prepared to interact. On any given Sunday:
- We worship in a free-form congregational style that is an intentional blend of ancient and modern liturgical elements, teaching, and reflection
- We pray aloud as a community, yet still leave a space of ambient silence for you to individually reflect or pray
- We sing hymns, praise songs, spirituals, and some contemporary interpretations of all of the above
- We join in communion weekly: at the 8:30 Contemporary service by intinction, meaning tearing from a shared loaf and dipping it into wine from a shared cup; and in the 10:45 Traditional service with a more formal ritual.
- We have no “dress code” at Central
- All are welcome.
- Our worship follows the Revised Common Lectionary, meaning that we consider the same scripture lessons that much of the worldwide Christian community is also studying that day.